Last Updated on March 23, 2023 by Kuldeep Bisht
Ink Tank printers are amoung the most popular printer type for homes in India. Which I had already talked about earlier in the comprehensive printer buying guide.
In this post, I’ll be sharing my top ink tank printer recommendations along with ink tank printer buying guide.
Ink Tank Printer Buying Guide
You are here means you are looking to buy the a ink tank printer for your home or office. This ink tank printer buying guide is going to help you find the best ink tank printers in India.
Nowadays, printers are everyday use gadget in homes and offices. We need printing for office documents, files, school projects, photos prints, etc.
Whether you’re a school student, photographer, or professional. You need printing for most things to do in your daily routine. And, the Ink tank printers are good to go for everyday tasks.
What are Ink Tank Printers?
Ink tank printers are actually small plastic boxes that are filled with liquid ink. The ink tank is also known to sit directly on the top and then it feeds directly onto the print head as well.
They come with a continuous ink supply system. Inks are stored in the given tanks and you can refill them anytime you wish.
And just to make things simple let’s have a quick round-up of what all you need to keep in mind before buying ink tank printers.
How does an ink tank printer work?
The budget is the first thing that is at the top of my mind while buying anything. Ink tanks are cheaper than cartridges with integrated print heads. Here we are only replacing the ink rather than the ink and printhead. Colors can also be made into individual tanks so that whenever a color is depleted. Thus, only the color ink tank will need replacing and nothing else. Earlier, people used to complain about replacing the cartridge again and again. But thanks to the new age ink tank printers they come with convenient and easy ink refilling.
Pros and Cons of InkTank Printers
Before proceeding you must know that ink tanks and ink cartridges are not all similar. Ink cartridges contain an inbuilt print head, unlike ink tank models. An ink cartridge is mostly used for occasional purposes. And the primary reason for the same is that the operational costs are quite low here. For regular use, ink tanks are highly recommendable.
- Great for photos and image documents
- Low start-up cost
- Works on a quite wide variety of papers
- No warm-up time is required before printing
- Quite compact, light, and easy to carry
- Water-based and thus prints are prone to get damaged by water
- Expensive in the long term
- Printers perform their maintenance automatically and thus wasting lots of ink
- Low capacity paper trays of only 50-100 sheets
If you’re looking for a laser printer then read the laser printer buying guide here.
10 Best Ink Tank Printers in India (2023)
I have shortlisted the top 10 Ink Tank printers for your home and office use. And let’s have a quick look at the features of each ink tank printer.
1 – Epson EcoTank L3150 Wi-Fi All-in-One Ink Tank Printer
One of the best ink tank printers of today’s time. The maximum print size here is 33 pages per minute for black and white pages whereas 15 pages per minute for colored pages. Also, this printer is quite lightweight with a minimum weight of 4.5 Kg. This is a Wi-Fi-enabled printer that has a USB port attachment also.
- Suits both home and office work. Able to produce more than 400 pages per day
- Pixel resolution is a well-known and highly appreciated quality of this printer
- Promotes duplex printing way which is absent in many printers
2 – Epson Ink Tank Colour Printer L130 Single-Function
One of the best printers under a budget of Rs. 10,000. Here you can get 27 black and white pages printed under a minute and 15 colored pages per minute. It comes with a minimum weight of 2.69 kilograms.
- Prints a large number of pages in a very short time and thus it is perfect for both office and school usage.
- Sleek and compact design which has a screen resolution of 5760 * 1440 which is quite suited for any type of printing
- Easy refilling of ink after 6500 pages and no cartridge changes makes it quite convenient.
3 – HP Ink Tank Printer GT 5821 All-in-One Wireless
This is a versatile and multifunctional printer that is known to give both black and white pages. This printer is known to support all page printing dimensions and it also involves the duplex printing feature.
- Uses a thermal inkjet printing device through which you can enjoy enhanced and clear printing
- Printing cost is low and thus this is a budget-friendly option
- Wireless connectivity and USB socket are also present.
4 – Canon Ink Tank Printer Pixma G2000 Multi-Functional
It comes with a high-volume ink tank which allows faster and color efficient printing. Thus, it is at a very good budget price. This is a perfect choice for home or small-sized offices.
- Multifunctional features like – Scan and copy
- Capable of delivering 7000 high-quality prints
- Gives out borderless picture pages with dimensions similar to that of A4 size
5 – Brother Ink Tank Colour Printer DCP-T500W All-in-One Wireless
This is one of the best all-in-one printers which is known to effectively use the ink and then come up with one of the best prints. This is one of the most efficient and reliable printers and thus it is a perfect choice for the home.
- Compact design and thus can fit in anywhere
- Can print a wide range of paper sizes without any discomfort
- A complete value for money
6 – Canon Ink Tank Printer Pixma G2012 AIO
This is of the best printers if you are looking for topmost quality in terms of printing. Although this is a slow printer, if someone is looking for quality then it is top-notch.
- Works with almost all operating systems
- Easy to set up and use
- Comes with extra bottles for refilling purposes
7 – HP Ink Tank Wireless Color Printer 410 All-in-One
Hp Ink Tank 410 printer is a smart wifi color printer that can print 8000 pages with 3 HP color bottles set. If you don’t print much in color it can give you 5000 pages with a black ink bottle.
- Print at a very low cost even if you print very little.
- HP ink tank system is easy to refill with no waste.
- You can see the level of ink because of its transparent ink tanks.
8 – Brother DCP-T710W Inktank Refill System Printer
This printer from Brother gives you full-speed printing or up to 12/10 ppm. This is the best fit for office printing because of its wifi connectivity and 20 sheets auto document feeder. The 1-line LCD display and control panel makes this Brother printer a unique choice in its segment.
- Transparent refill tank and user-friendly leakproof design.
- Copy, Print, and Scan multiple pages with an auto document feeder.
- Print wirelessly from pc or mobile devices directly.
9 – HP 115 Color Single Function Ink Tank Printer
This printer is Dynamic security enabled. Although, the speed of the printer is not so fast but well enough for students to print a few items on a daily basis. The color print cost is 18 paise and 10 paise for black and white print as the brand claims.
- Good for students with minimum printing needs.
- 3 color (cyan, Magenta, Yellow) set ink tank and 1 black ink tank.
- It can print up to 1000 pages per month.
10 – Epson L6170 Wi-Fi Duplex All-in-One Ink Tank Printer
This Epson duplex printer comes with an attractive design that can easily fit neatly anywhere. Print up to 7500 pages and 6000 pages for black and color respectively. The speed of printing is very high and can print 33 pages every minute. Also, the printing cost is very low.
- 30-page automatic document feeder for easy copying and scanning.
- Wifi connectivity to print from mobile or laptop devices.
- Spill-free ink bottle technology with a low risk of e-waste.
So, what are you waiting for? Select anyone from the above list of the best ink tank printers in India and buy from your favorite online store.
If you’re already using any Ink-Tank printer then please share your thoughts in the comments.