Do you wish to connect with your target consumers more effectively? If yes, then you need a strategy that will enable you to deliver pertinent social media content on a consistent basis. However, let me tell you that the process of planning a good social media content marketing plan is complicated. Unless you know the associated tips and tricks, it’s tough to succeed in achieving your business goals.
So, without further ado, let’s jump right into the creation of an effective social media content marketing plan for your business.
- 1 – Study How Your Target Audience Goes from Awareness to Conversion
- 2 – Understand How Social Media Works to the Advantage of Your Business
- Pick the Best Social Network for Engaging Your Audience
- Well-Researched Topics for Your Social Media Content
- Planning Your Content
1 – Study How Your Target Audience Goes from Awareness to Conversion
Set a definite target and that’s half the battle won. But to do that you must not rely on age, gender, or any of the usual demographics. Instead, provide an experience that will connect them to you. Building trust involves evaluating your products from the customers’ point of view. Also, focus on providing valuable content in the form of webinars, images, videos, blog posts, and infographics. Utilize tools like ClickMeeting, Piktochart, and Animoto to easily create webinars, infographics, and videos easily. Answer their questions and try to understand how they think.
2 – Understand How Social Media Works to the Advantage of Your Business
Outline your goals clearly. Normally, every business has three potential goals –
- building a community,
- boosting engagement, and
- building brand awareness
And these can be achieved by harnessing the power of social media.
Develop a Community
Build a closed community comprising of customers and your target audience. Nurture your customers, and monitor the growth. A few key things to watch out for include live video engagement, number of members of the group, daily post engagement, and prominent questions within the group. Social network analytics do not have a lot of options when it comes to gauging private groups, so you’ll have to resort to the use of a third-party tool like HootSuite.
This lets you build brand perception, trust, and recommendations online. Analyze the engagement measures on a regular basis, and keep tabs on how many community members reach out to you regularly.
Improve Brand Awareness
Brand awareness determines the uniqueness of your business. Dependent on factors like mentions and shares, connections, profile visits, and followers.
Pick the Best Social Network for Engaging Your Audience
Never target random social networks without checking the demographic for each platform. This is possible by using a tool like Quantcast. Conduct research to figure out which social networks are drawing in your target customers. Focus on two major areas – reciprocity and network demographics across platforms. Don’t forget to check out the most popular sites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Well-Researched Topics for Your Social Media Content
Create content that is unique, relevant, and specific. Make sure it’s not all about your business. The trick is to keep it personal while slipping your products and services effortlessly into your mix to engage your target audience.
- Use a tool like Feedly to research your industry online easily, and gain inspiration from different pieces of content.
- Before you start, know the kind of content that audiences wish to consume.
- Ask them via a questionnaire or poll, if necessary, and use the feedback to your advantage.
- Create impressive, professional quality questionnaires and track the results using a tool like Google Forms.
Planning Your Content
- Once you’ve chosen the subject matter, start writing your blog. Select a title and include suitable keywords.
- Keywords may include brand names, details of great deals, or some information that posits you as an expert in the industry. If you’re unsure, use a tool like KWFinder for some great ideas.
- Don’t forget to outline the content of all sections and structure it properly.
- Use supporting content to improve the quality of your content like live videos, photo montages, screencasts, and animations.
The number of social media users is expected to increase to 2.95 billion by 2020. So, in order to capture the attention of these people, you need to ensure your content is different from what the others are offering.
Follow the steps described above to create a social media content marketing plan that not only improves your business’ engagement but helps it grow and thrive.