Last Updated on May 6, 2023 by Kuldeep Bisht
You’re here, which means you are looking to buy a new or replace your old mixie and find the best mixer grinder for your kitchen.
Well, this blog post is going to help you to find a perfect kitchen warrior for your daily tasks.
I write honest product reviews after using the product and share a few top recommendations for every budget and demand.
In this review blog post, I am going to review my purchased mixer grinder and sharing a buying guide for mixer grinders in India.
My digital marketing skills help me to do deep research before buying anything. I look after the best products, deals and discounts, and durability for my shopping. While using my shopping tricks you’ll spend less money to get better quality products. Well, I’m happy with my mixer grinder purchase, and here is my review after using it for some time.
Update March 2023: Using Prestige Iris 750W mixer grinder for almost 3 years, one of my Jar got down. The bottom blades are worn out. I tried to fix this up but couldn’t. Even I tried to get it fixed by a local repair center but they didn’t have the same size blade. So, You must check the brand’s parts availability in your area.
Here is my mixer grinder order receipt from Amazon.in.
As you can see that I purchased this mixer for Rs. 2799 hoping to be the best mixer grinder under Rs 3000 in India. (Surprisingly, I made an OK Choice.)
I’ll share the Prestige iris(750 watts) mixer grinder review but before that let me tell you my needs, requirements, or conditions for a better mixer grinder. (I know nothing is best.)
What was my need for a mixer grinder?
You already know “The days of using grinding stones are over long back.”
I often hear these kinds of words “As an Indian housewife, it is quite impossible to go very far without a mixer grinder. How am I supposed to make delicious chutneys and grind spices without my faithful mixie?”
Over the past 20 years, I have used plenty of different brands, including the trusty Sumeet mixie my mom liked to use.
The modern mixer grinders are fantastic.
They have a wide range of functions and are not only durable but have an aesthetic appeal that makes them a kitchen accessory to be proud of.
Basically, I was looking for a mixer grinder and juicer for a family of 4 people. And, I also want the best-performing mixer under my budget along with brand trust, reliability, and long-lasting quality.
Luckily, I thought I found one. (But, the Story begins here.)
Just after the Prestige Iris review, you can see reviews and comparisons of top-selling mixer grinders in India under Rs. 3000.
Let’s Get Started…
Table of Contents
Prestige Iris (750 Watt) Mixer Grinder Review After Use
Prestige Iris comes with 3 Stainless Steel Jars and 1 Juicer Jar in a color combination of White and Blue.
Why did I decide to buy Prestige Iris?
My old mixie broke down, and I went mixie hunting!!!
I read several buying guides. (Literally, I have visited hundreds of web pages and wasted lots of time.) Therefore, I decided to write this all-in-one mixer grinder buying guide for you.
After the research, I zeroed in on a Prestige Mixer Grinder. It was in wonderful blue and white two-tone color. Using only a 750-watt motor, it was perfect for my needs.
I have a family of four and need not only chutneys but also to mix the batter for fries and make fresh fruit juice.
In the first six months, the Prestige Iris (750 Watt) mixie worked well, and I decided to write a review to let you know what a beautiful machine it is and how well it will be able to satisfy all your needs for grinding, mixing, and kneading.
I trust it because “Prestige” is a well-known brand in Kitchen appliances. I had already used a Prestige pressure cooker, a gas stove, an electric kettle, etc. They work flawlessly.
I have never heard of anyone who had an incident from using anything made by Prestige.
Moreover, the price is so reasonable. A full feature mixie under INR 3000 approximately was my dream come true at that moment.
What are the top features of Prestige Iris (750 Watt)?
- The Prestige Iris has a 750-watt motor. That is the perfect power setting. Just enough to cook for a family of 4 but also not wasting any electricity on a 1,000-watt motor. The motor is remarkably sturdy and never quit in the last six months. I have used it.
- There are so many options that came with the mixer. There are 3 stainless steel jars and one polycarbonate jar for use as a juicer. And three different blades that can knead, mix, grind, and chop without any effort at all.
- There are three-speed settings for optimum use. The device has a very useful overload shutdown to protect the motor. Also a whip, so you can control your grinding.
- The build quality is robust. Not flimsy at all and does not look like it will break even after several years of constant use.
How is the performance of the Prestige Iris?
- Prestige Iris is an affordable mixer grinder that does not compromise on performance and quality. The jars and blades are made of the best quality steel and are long-lasting. It is really easy to wash it with warm water and wipe it dry with a kitchen towel.
- The motor has exceptional stamina. I have used it for an hour (with a break every few minutes) and noticed no overheating or drop in performance. There are vents all around the motor that prevent it from heating up too much.
- The ABS plastic body is sturdy and going to last me a long while.
- It can effortlessly grind a kilo of spices and chop and blend half a kilo of fruits.
Should you buy Prestige Iris?
If you are looking for high quality and dependable mixie that is reasonably priced, go for the Prestige Iris with eyes closed.
Additionally, Prestige’s spare parts are easily available, and you can find service centers in almost any Indian city.
This is the end of my personal experience and unbiased review of the Prestige Iris Mixer Grinder.
Now, it’s time to find a mixer grinder for you. Below, I have mentioned my best mixer grinder recommendations which I researched and compared before buying one for myself.
You can buy any of the below-listed mixies. But, keep some important things in mind before buying a mixer grinder in India.
Here is my purchased non-electric water purifier review.
Things to Consider Before Buying Mixer Grinder
Don’t be in a Hurry! Before making a purchase you must ask this question to yourself.
#1 – Mixer Requirements
Do you need a mixer grinder only or a juicer as well?
What is the size of your family? A large family might need a more powerful motor with extra jars.
#2 – Safety Feature
Keep your family’s kids in mind. They are very naughty. After all, they’re kids. You must take care of the safety systems in your mixie. Is it shockproof? It must have an auto-shutoff feature so when you overload your mixie it gets auto-cut-off which increases the life of the mixie as well. The handle must not get heated while using it for long.
#3 – Power Requirement
You might need a 1000-watt motor if you use it for long hours or need to do extra grinding work. More power means more noise but more speed and can work for hours continuously.
#4 – Jars
How many jars you get with your mixer grinder is also very important. You should buy a mixie with 3 or 4 jars. If it is a juicer make you get a separate juicer jar.
#5 – Speeds
The speed of a mixie machine is also an important factor to consider while buying one. A slow-speed option is ideal for juicing. A fast-speed grind can work better for low-quantity items.
#6 – Look and Feel
Last but not least important factor to keep in mind. A mixie that looks great in your kitchen and takes less space always attracts the eyes more.
Check out my after-use review of the best semi-automatic washing machine in India.
Now, it is your time to find the best mixer grinder under Rs. 3000 in India.
Best Mixer Grinders in India for 2023
The list of best mixer grinders along with their key features, reviews, negatives, and positives. The list can help you decide on the perfect mixer grinder and juicer for your home. Here are my top 5 recommended mixer grinders in India for a mid-sized Indian family’s Kitchen.
#1 – Butterfly Smart 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 4 Jar
Butterfly Smart Grinder comes with a 750 Watt motor which is well enough for an average performance. You can keep doing your grinding, chopping, and other kitchen work as usually other mixers do but make sure to take a rest while using this machine. As this is not made for heavy factory work. I hope you get it.
Key Features –
- 750 watts powerful motor which is enough for small to mid-sized families.
- Automatic overload cut-off facility which is a must in a mixie.
- I liked its Vacuum rubber shoes for a firm grip which makes it less dancing.
- It comes with 4 jars which are enough for all basic kitchen grinding, chopping, and juicing needs.
- The best part is the price is under 3000 which is affordable for an average Indian family.
- The motor is enough for a family of 4-5 people.
- The rubber grip will help to stabilize the machine while running.
- Having 4 jars and am still on an affordable budget.
- Pusher is available for juice making.
- Low-quality plastic quality.
- Low motor performance.
- Smaller jars in size.
- Little noisy then segment.
My Verdict – Buy only, if you can go with an average-performing product along with a beautiful design. As the price is low so the product is still value for the money.
#2 – Bajaj Rex 500-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars
Key Features –
- This mixer with 3 jars and a 500 Watt motor is well enough for less grinding work.
- Comes with a multifunctional blade system means you can make a lot with it.
- The size of the jars is sufficient for optimum use.
- Motor speed is good for a small family.
- Jar capacity is good. (1.25L, 0.88L, 0.3L chutney jar)
- 3-speed controls
- Multi-functional blade system
- The sound and shake are high coz of the 500w motor.
- Start smelling when the motor gets the power.
- Some complaints about the leakage after a few months.
My Verdict – Price is affordable. The product is a good small family or less use.
#3 – Philips Hl1645 750-watt 3 Jar
Key Features –
- Auto shut off on overload.
- Super Silent Vertical Mixer Grinder and Blender Jar with Fruit Filter.
- Vacuum cup base for stabilization.
- Motor power is 750W and voyage: 230 V
- It comes with 4 jars for mixing, mashing, grinding, and juicing.
- Good is good-looking and easy to use.
- 750 Watt motor and 4 jars.
- Easy to clean and takes less space.
- Starting smell of burning motor.
- A bit Noisy
- Leakage in wet grinding.
My verdict – If you don’t use a mixer grinder and juicer quite often. And, also need a good-looking, well-sufficient mixer to keep in your kitchen. Then I recommend this product. (At first, I was going for this model. But the price was a bit high as per my mixie budget.)
#4 – Sujata Dynamix DX 900-Watt Mixer and Grinder with 3 Jars
Key Features –
- Heavy 900 Watt powerful motor for a long hour run.
- 2200 rpm is good enough as a top speed.
- Shock-proof and robust body.
- Voltage range of 230-240 volts and 50-60 Hz
- Powerful motor for long hours run.
- Transparent jar up covers.
- Safe to use and easy to clean.
- Poor handles and no brand trust.
- A bit noisy.
- Some complaints about leakage while wet grinding.
My verdict – If you use a mixer often and have a low budget then buy it. Brand trust can not be a neglecting factor.
#5 – Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond 750-Watt Mixer Grinder
Key Features –
- A 750-Watt motor is good enough for Indian kitchens.
- Shock-proof body and auto cut-off feature when heat.
- Flexible lids so you can use both directions.
- The motor is good for a family of 4-5 people.
- Good quality body and attractive design.
- Speed control and easy to clean.
- Not good for wet grinding.
- The jar’s quality is poor.
My Verdict – Buy this mixer only when you don’t do wet grinding. Also, make sure to check the service center available in your area.
There are many more mixer grinders I have compared before purchasing one for my use. And, the above-mentioned are only the top-selling mixer grinders in India.
My research and comparison end here and I hope you bring the best mixer grinder for your home.
Before ending here are my final words.
I am delighted with my Prestige Iris mixer grinder. I would wholeheartedly recommend that you buy and use it.
If like most Indian housewives, you are looking for value for money, there is no better option as far as my research suggests.