Last Updated on September 20, 2018 by Kuldeep Bisht
Did you just noticed a new trending words called “Contextual Marketing”? And eager to know more about it. Read on to know more about it.
Digitization has paved way for plenty of business opportunities for e-commerce business enterprise. The impact of digitization is that today service providers have invaded very confines of customer privacy. You can market your services with various digitization modules which cater to the very demands and expectation of consumers.
Optimization is one feature of the digital platform with which professional service providers can connect with their targeted audience. No longer do the consumers have to lurk in dark looking for services. Rather it is a prerogative of service providers how efficiently they market their services.
This is where Contextual marketing and SEO comes into the picture. Internet acts as a mediator between the service provider and the consumer. Contextual marketing and SEO helps an e-commerce business enterprise acquire more business and make their business profitable one.
Let’s talk about what contextual marketing is all about and how you can implement it in your SEO strategy to extract best out of Digital platform.
What Is Contextual Marketing
Contextual marketing is an unknown entity for a consumer but an effective tactic for SEO professionals to channel their resources to appeal to the eyes of a consumer.
In simple terms, Contextual marketing means when e-commerce enterprises market their services according to the spending patterns of a consumer. It is direct and leaves no scope for a consumer to turn away.
How to implement Contextual marketing in your existing SEO Strategy
There is no tried and tested formula for SEO success. The existing SEO strategies have been rewarding for the companies irrespective of their brand stature. With time new strategies and their effective implementations create overnight buzz. The present trending marketing strategy is Contextual marketing. Contextual marketing is when a SEO professional evaluates data regarding a consumer which pertains to every bit of their activity once they land up on an e-commerce page. The data accumulated can be divided into two segments:
- One is the precise information which a consumer has shared with your regarding their likes/expectations
- The other one is what you need to acquire using various SEO tools to find out the statistics and data which can give a clear picture of what a consumer expects.
Tool To Implement Contextual Marketing
With the assistance of Google Network Display, you can find anything and everything which can help you gain insight into consumer data. Whenever an online visitor who is your prospect business engages in any activity pertaining to your sector and services relevant ads are displayed in their feed to suggest or recommend them services.
Google Display network monitors these aspects and from its pool displays the relevant adverts which have been optimized with the use of keywords which is a fine example of contextual marketing.
How it works?
Choose your keywords and topics
- Select appropriate and relevant keywords and topics.
- Add them up in your Display Network campaigns.
You can add Keywords by:
- Sign into your Adwords account
- Click on the Display Network tab
- Select the respective ad group where you want to add your keyword
- Click on “Ad targeting” and from the drop down menu select “Display keywords”. Add one keyword per line and then click on “Add Keywords” which you can see below in the screenshot.
- Click “Close” to save your work.
Display Network pages is pool of websites who configure their services in Display Network. Research for Keywords and know what the central theme of your webpage is so as to add up in the topics section.
It analyzes the keywords and topics to accordingly display the advertisement for the user to take notice of.
How to target topics?
Just like keywords topics help your customers to find services. With Topic targeting you can get your Adwords Ad placed in topics sighted in any of the Display Network Pages. It is essential that you use topics similar to your business and target it to be placed in web pages with similar services.
To find more than one appropriate topic to be added you have to dig deep in the search engine pool with appropriate and effective SEO tactics to evaluate needs of your market. The first step to target topics is to choose relevant “Marketing Objective” or “Campaign types”.
The campaign types are divided in two for better implementation:
- “Display Network only – All features“: provides advanced targeting and traffic filtering options
- “Display Network only – Remarketing“: helps you to reach out to previous customers who showed inclination to the services
Follow these steps to target the topics:
- Sign in to your Adwords account
- Click on the “Campaigns” button, which is shown in the screenshot below:
- Click on “+Targeting” which you can find in Display Network Tab
- Select an Ad Group
- Choose appropriate “Topics” from the drop down menu of the “Add Targeting”
- Double click on the topics you want to target. You can choose as many as you like and all will appear in “selected Topics” section.
- Click Close and then Save
Tips to maximize your efforts:
- As your main topic has already covered your sub-topic. Go for adding sub-topics for bidding and reporting control.
- Sub-topics do not work without adding the main topic. Add the main topic along with the sub-topics to AD in your group.
- The estimated target reach does not take into account the automated targeting methods or bid and budget settings.
By targeting keywords and topics you not only retain your existing clients but also appeal to new audience which might not be even aware of your presence. So, go ahead and employ it in your marketing strategy for productive results.
The results of Contextual targeting can do wonders for an e-commerce website. It widens your operating field by giving you a larger audience to market your services. The tool is highly effective and a necessity looking at the fierce competition that is only doubling up with time on Digital platform. Search Engine Optimization thrives with every latest tool in place. Every next day there will be a competitor trying to better you. Contextual Marketing is the latest tool to market your services and should be one an integral part of SEO strategy.